Wednesday, March 19

Wine and Chocolate for a Reason

Not that I need a reason to indulge in either but tonight I attended a fund raiser for the Northwest Girls Coalition. The vision of the Northwest Girls Coalition is to ensure a healthy, supportive environment for all girls to realize their full potential. Their mission is to strengthen the girl-serving community by fostering education and collaboration in the Puget Sound region. The fund raiser took place at Theo, an organic and fair trade chocolate company in Fremont. $10.00 not only went to the NWGC it also gave us a generous wine and chocolate tasting. Not to mention a tour of the factory. It was a delightful evening. I absolutely enjoyed my generous tasting of both chocolate and wine.

My favorite chocolate was the vanilla milk chocolate. The most unusual flavor was the coconut curry chocolate bar. I learned that I may like coconut curry with chicken, but not so much with chocolate. The chocolate with French bread was also usual but tasty; it had the sweet/salty thing going on. The highlight of the evening was, of course, just being out without the little ones AND visiting with 2 friends that I don't get to really talk with very often.

2 comments:

Woven Chains said...

Sounds yummy. And if its for a good cause, the calories are free, right?

Kerrin @ MyKugelhopf said...

Thank you for introducing us to the NW Girls Coalition, with a excellent mission for sure. And bravo to Theo for being a part of such an event. It makes their chocolate taste just that much sweeter, right?

And I'm with you - let's leave the curry to the chicken. Bring on the rest though !! :) Can't wait to try that vanilla milk bar...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...