Wednesday, May 21

Garden Dagger - Product Review

In more gardening news, I've found a weeding tool that I'm head over heels in love with - the garden dagger (that's my pet name for it). It's really called a soil knife (also called a Hori-Hori Knife). It is sharp, strong and can tackle even the biggest dandelion. I don't dread weeding with it because I know I can get any kind of weed, roots and all, without a huge struggle. I sound like an infomercial, I know. But I just can't figure out a way to talk about it without sounding like a total cheese ball. Seriously, it will change your attitude about weeding. It even comes with a leather holding case that attaches to your belt. Totally hard core. You could go from the yard to gutting a fish without missing a beat. Honestly, I haven't tried the whole attachment thing. But I rest easier knowing the option is there.Next goal - to buy my own. Sigh. The dagger belongs to my neighbor, Michele. I should probably go return it. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay so where do you purchase one of these miracles?? I'm on biodegradeable bag #20 full of weeds from over the winter and still not done! --andi

Lisa said...

I was wondering where it can be purchased too! I was thinking it may make a good father's day gift:-)

katy said...

Where to buy:

follow the links in the post (they're green) to amazon.com or amleo.com

If you don't want to buy on-line I would call your local nursery. I've noticed that most nursery websites do not list all the products they carry so calling is the best way to see if they have it.

Good luck! You'll love 'em. They are also great for seed planting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...