Saturday, June 28

Weekend Breakfast - Pancake Cups

This idea sprang from a recipe I found in the book Kitchen Playdates by Lauren Deen. In her version thinly sliced wheat bread forms the cups instead of pancakes. I didn't have any thinly sliced bread on hand nor did I want to run to the store so I gave pancakes a try. It was great! Here's how to do it:

Step 1: Make your favorite pancake batter but add a few extra tablespoons of water. Add 1 tablespoon at a time to make sure the batter doesn't get too thin. You want the batter thinner than usual but not watery.

Step 2: Use a 1/4 c. measuring cup to add the batter to the pan or griddle. Cook pancakes.

Step 3: Lightly grease your muffin cups with butter. Don't forget the sides

Step 4: Gently press pancakes into the muffin cups. Remember to press around the bottom edges of the muffin cups.


Step 5: Bake in a 325 degree oven for 5-8 minutes.

Step 6: Let pancakes cool in the muffin tin.

Step 7: When ready to serve, remove your pancake cup, place on a plate and reheat in the microwave (if desired.) Fill with yummies and eat!



Filling ideas:
Strawberries and whip cream (as shown)
Scrambled eggs, bacon and syrup drizzled on the plate (as shown)
Peanut butter and bananas
Blueberries
Ricotta cheese and berries
Lemon curd, raspberries and a dollop of whip cream


See you on Monday for you-know-what! I have a surprise for you!

20 comments:

onemotherslove said...

OH! I love your new header! And those pancake cups look awesome!!! My mouth is watering...

Molly said...

Excellent idea! My kids will love these, and I have the perfect thin pancake recipe...

Jessica said...

I think this will be breakfast on Wednesday when I spend the day with my little neighbors and spoil them rotten! They will love this.

Bonita said...

Those look yummy! I think my daughter would really enjoy trying to make these. Thanks!

Dayna said...

Such a great idea! We will have to try this next weekend!

Shelly G said...

Cute idea... We usually only have fancy breakfast at dinner... I could see all the fun ways this could be done...My kids would love it...

Lorna said...

Hi, Katy, I'm a friend of Molly's from Foothill Home Companion and I found your blog through hers. Thought I'd stop by. I went to college in Tacoma and miss the Tacoma/Seattle area soooo much. I'll drop and visit you! this is a GREAT idea. I love the bacon & eggs in the pancake cup. Will be trying this one!!

Crib Tales said...

Oh, I can't wait to try this on the fam this weekend! I'm a sucker for any recipe that includes an excuse to eat strawberries and whipped cream!

Anonymous said...

K, New to your blog, and I LOVE this idea. I've made it twice now and the kids go crazy! Karl didn't even cry when I told him you were the source for the recipe!

Cami said...

Those look so delicious I want to eat them right off the page! This is a GREAT idea, I know my kids will love it!

ty and megs said...

yea! i was looking for a great 4th of July breakfast! thanks!

just found your blog today. :)

Julie - On the Dot Creations said...

What a fabulous idea! I think I'll try this when my parents are visiting my home for the holiday weekend!

Thanks for the inspiration!
Julie

Tonya Staab said...

I found this post through the Crafty Crow and I just love your blog. I made these pancake cups this morning for a 4th of July brunch for the kids and they absolutely LOVED it. Thank you so much. They were super easy too. I have made sandwiches the same way before too, they are great for parties.

Megan said...

Thanks for the great idea! We made mini versions of these over the weekend and linked to you here: http://myplumpudding.blogspot.com/
2008/07/weekend-treats.html

Esme Raji Codell said...

Great! Thank you!

jor said...

What a cool idea! My kids will love this. Thanks!!

Aubrey said...

We used peaches...the kids were in seventh heaven! Thanks for sharing a great idea!

Jamie said...

I made these this morning...made two for each of us, one with eggs and bacon and the other with strawberries and blueberries. I didn't have any whipped cream so we sprinkled powdered sugar on them. YUM! Thanks for the great idea.

hoLLy said...

this looks awesome! (and oh so pretty!) thanks for the idea! i found you through another blog-hope you don't mind me blog stalking you:)

Hope said...

Love this idea! Did it this morning with microwave pancakes because I'm too lazy to mix the batter. LOL. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...