Friday, December 19

Go to Salad - The Lux Version

This is my current go-to salad. I've been eating it ever since I brought my big hunk home from the grocery store. Everyday for lunch and I'm not sick of it yet. It's made with greens (heavy with arugula!) apple, and Parmigisano Reggiano crumbles. The dressing is an important part of the salad - 2 parts olive oil, 1 part balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey. The apples and balsamic vinegar are a great combination.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Glad you all liked the tea towel as much as I did. Unfortunatley, I really don't know how it was made. If I had to guess, I'd say the children's pictures were scanned into the computer and arranged with photo shop (?) Then sent to a printer. It was printed professionally, that much I do know. Here is the address that is printed on the bottom of the towel: www.mapac.com. It's a UK company, but I'm sure you could find something comparable in any country.

Someone had a question about getting bakers' twine. I found mine here at a craft store in Luxembourg. I think the easiest thing to do would be to search for it on line.

Thanks Shari for your awesome information about Belgian beers. Reading it got me very excited to visit Belgium specifically on a beer vacation. ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when someone else comes up with my dinner! This looks Delish Katy, you always make great salads, but I'm sure I will not be able to find nummy cheese here in the States. Enjoying your blog daily. We enjoyed your Christmas card too, hope you get ours okay. Do you know how long it takes?

Dana Tate said...

I have a simmular go to salad. I use gorgonzola and add dried cranberries.
Love your blog.

Monkey's Mama said...

I know North Seattle Fives has done a similar project with an apron . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...