Sunday, January 4

Hotel Hirschgasse

We stayed in the most darling hotel in Heidelberg - Hotel Hirschgasse. So cute it is worthy of it's own post. The room we stayed in truly was a 4 year old's delight. Eva immediately went into character - princess character. She called herself Princess Rosa. Being a princess in our room mostly required sleeping in the princess bed. It was indeed a bed fit for a princess. The only snafu came when Bryce and I were ready to head out and walk to Old Town. She said she just wanted to stay in the hotel room and play. Groan. So, I gave her the "you can't see the world from your hotel room lecture" and we headed out.

Just in case you ever stay there here are a few tips. If you have more than 1 kid, request a "family" suite. Booking.com does not give you that suite option, but 2 of these rooms exist at the hotel. Skip the hotel breakfast. It was expensive and really nothing special. Go into town for waffles instead. We reserved our room through Booking.com, which gave us a much better rate.

6 comments:

Amber D. said...

Wow- how beautiful and charming!

Jessica said...

That is the most adorable hotel ever!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That's so funny! I remember being young and on vacation and wanting to stay in the hotel too! Something about the novelty of it...

Monkey's Mama said...

I am so living vicariously through you. I remember we would go on vaca once a year and stay in a motel once or twice and camp the rest - so exciting! I didn't stay in a hotel until my twenties! p.s. my resolution is to start blogging again! We'll see if that continues!

Road Trippers said...

Doodle makes me show EVERYONE this picture and she says, "Eva pretended she was Cinderella". We're going to fly there after this day so I can sleep in that bed, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh I want to sleep like a princess in that room! Wow. I am just blown away with each post Im reading here tonight. What an adventure you are on my friend!! So darn exciting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...