Thursday, June 11

White Food Phase

Okay, to truly appreciate this meal you have to know that it was ordered and eaten at a Mexican restraunt. I'll identify the contents for you: Grilled cheese sandwich with a side of mashed potatoes and a pickle. What kind of person would order a plate of food like this? A pregnant person, of course!! Yep, my sister is expecting her first baby! I am so very excited to be an Aunt again!


In keeping with her over achieving ways, Emily has not just been sick during her first trimester, she has been REALLY sick. Like, leaving work for 4 weeks sick. Like, losing 10lbs sick. Like, taking anti nausea medication sick. Sick, sick. By the time my mom and I saw her last week she was beginning to tolerate a bit of food. In fact, I think it is safe to say she'd moved into the white food phase of pregnancy. I remember it well. Plain pasta, bagels, white bread, crackers, mashed potatoes.

It's all worth it I keep telling her. Just wait until you see that beautiful little baby. I know I can't wait. 15 weeks down, 25 to go!

4 comments:

Lena said...

Congratulations Auntie Katy! :) How exciting! I know I can NOT wait until my sister takes that next step too! Yay for more babies!

Emily Malate said...

I had some greek yogurt today and thought of you! (with bluebs and granola of course). I think I might be feeling a flutter too. it's wierd. can't wait for you to be an auntie too.

ksjjpalmer said...

Congratulations to Emily and Jeff. She doesn't know me (I'm another Ballard mom) but I followed the wedding blog. I was that sick too- for a long time- Just know that it will get better eventually. Don't feel bad about whining about how awful you feel- just whine to your closest peeps. The prize at the end is pretty great too!

Lisa said...

Wow, for a minute there I thought you were announcing your own pregnancy:-0 How exciting to be an auntie again and have more cousins for the girls. When do you start the quilt and adorable onsies????

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...