Tuesday, September 22

We picked apples

Boy, this was fun! We went to an orchard in Steinsel, a town about 20 minutes away from Lux City. They had a variety of apples but only Gala, Elstar and Jonagold were available for picking. The girls really enjoyed themselves - wheelbarrow rides, searching for the biggest, reddest apples and the warm afternoon sun made for a great afternoon.

We bought a few bottles of the orchard's apple juice on recommendation from some friends (Thanks, Christina!) It was delicious. Not too sweet with a nice tartness to it. Wish we'd purchased more!If you're in Luxembourg I highly recommend a trip. Drive to Steinsel and then follow the brown and yellow signs reading Verger du Steinsel.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

I can't wait to see what you're going to make with those gorgeous apples!

Camilla said...

Truly looks like a wonderful day. I love those freshly pressed applejuices too. Amazed by how much the taste varies by the different apple-brands, and I agree the slightly tart ones are my favourite too. Have a great day. :)

Christina said...

It was lovely to see you all there, and what wonderful weather!
We stuck with the Elstars which are crisp, not too sweet/tart and delicious. The crumble I made later that day was good, I now have 5 bags of raw sliced apple stashed in the freezer, and the rest will be carefully wrapped in newspaper and stored (hopefully) for a few months! Let us know what you do with all yours!

christie said...

You are amazing...taking advantage of all
that your area has to offer. Now I need to
go East and get me some apples. mom

Emily Malate said...

What are you going to make?? Maybe a tart for Julie's arrival? :)What a fun day for you all.
miss you.

life with my sweeties said...

Looks like fun. Any recipes coming?

suddenly sahm said...

SO FUN! I am salivating over all the apple butter I could make...hey, wait a minute...I live in Washington...YES!

Looks like a wonderful family outing!

Erin M. said...

I miss apple picking! We found a place here in southern california... but the 3 hour drive deterred us :) Enjoy them. James still says that no apples taste better than the ones we picked ourselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...