Saturday, November 7

Fussen (It's in Germany)

We made Fussen, Germany our home base. It was a 10 minute drive to the castles and only 5 minutes from the Austrian border. Fussen had a cute little pedestrian zone and an interesting looking castle. We had heard mixed reviews about the castle's interior but decided to go inside anyway. It was closed but we enjoyed looking at the castle's courtyard. In it was a small modern sculpture park. We were also intrigued by the window and door adornment that was painted on. Was this typical of castles from this era? Hmmm. We saw some similar adornment in Innsbruck.

View from our hotel Fussen Castle Castle's Courtyard. See the sculptures? Pedestrian zone in the city center. Great pastel colored buildings. Another view of the pedestrian zone with tower in the background.

See more pics from Fussen and Neuschwanstein here
Innsbruck pics here

Next, I'll be moving you all back to Italy as I finish sharing photos from my Italian get-away.

p.s. I updated my link list for you. I'd love to know what you're reading these days.

3 comments:

Elina said...

Thank you for posting this series. It looks really magically out there, and now I know I have to go. Im also In Luxembourg (limpertsberg)Im on a 2 year assignment from the States. I also love your "differences" series. They are right on :)

Thanks!

E

suddenly sahm said...

OMG - view from your hotel looks like a postcard. WOW, Katy, your photography gets better and better.

Julia @Mélanger said...

This looks like something out of a fairy tale. So pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...