Wednesday, March 24

Bits and Pieces

Busy cleaning and nursing the kiddos back to health (and myself too) over here - so I really have nothing new to share today. Thought it would be a good opportunity to share a few things I've been ogling at in cyber space, the inter-web or whatever it's called.

I've found myself reading a fair amount of design blogs lately. I find this particularly amusing because I'm not into design. And just between you and me, I can't read, let alone even say the words, post-modern or mid century without smirking. Come on. Don't even get me started about Helvetica. I think that is why I enjoy this site so much. It breathes a healthy dose of self-awareness into the serious world of design.
I saw this poster on sfgirlbybay (also via swissmiss) and totally want it. Totally. I've got a bit of a Seattle thing going on in our living and dining rooms. I have this ork poster all framed and hung, the Rainier Beer tray and a throw pillow in the works from this dish towel. Living abroad has made me pretty lovey-dovey for Seattle. Think this poster would make a logical and charming addition.

Came across The Spore Project via Teacher Tom. I love the mission behind it - to support art education and creativity in day-to-day life. I also just love it as a craft, it's clever, simple and the results are great. Read all about the Spore Project here. Now to locate the Luxembourgish equvilent of brown, paper lunch bags. That'll be fun.

Hope to be back soon with another Little Difference. This next one occurred to me during my pre-guest cleaning binge.

4 comments:

Emily Malate said...

Mom is SO SO excited. She's in a great place. Sounds like you have such fun things planned for her time! I'm so envious and wish I could be there. I miss you and the girls so much!

likeschocolate said...

I love the poster of Seattle; however that other photo is interesting. Not sure what to think about it.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Love that first site...I needed a good laugh. And your new header is great, too. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

K-
Had never seen the ork posters before and was wild for them. You know Eric is from TO and loved that one. Might tuck that away for our anniversary gift. xo S

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...