Monday, September 26

Right Now: Late September

HIP_338076487.761475 Feeling ~ A bit more settled after a week and a half of living back in our house.

Enjoying ~ lots of kitty love.  We're so happy to have Gus back with us.  It is like no time has passed at all.  

Watching ~ Season 4 of 30 Rock.  That show is hilarious.  Alec Baldwin is amazing.  Will start this next. 

Eating ~ Homemade macaroni and cheese, the dish I christened our new oven with.

Making ~ What feels like a million trips to the store in an attempt to get our household organized and functional again - light bulbs, shelf paper, trash bags, flour, sugar, salt, broom, paper towels. . . .
HIP_338076386.769910
Listening ~ to local radio.  The chatter keeps me company as I unpack, sort, and put things away.

Remembering ~ our friends in Luxembourg and really missing them!!

Smelling ~ coffee from our newly purchased machine. Ah, life is good!

Appreciating ~ wonderful neighbors and old friends. 

Coveting ~ routine.

HIP_338076194.694600 Where are you right now?

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your Luxembourg friends are missing you too. I'm glad you've reunited with your kitty. He's adorable!

Mama Llama said...

I have coffee envy.

I thought those machines couldn't be used in the US?

mmegoudarzi said...

Oh yes, love those Nespresso ultra-sleek coffee pods!
btw---how are your girls adjusting to their "new" life in Seattle?
How do you find the schools here in comparison? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
-valerie

Emily Malate said...

sounds like there is much more Gus appreciation this time. Send me your mac n cheese recipe some time! (won't be cooking for a while though :)

Christina said...

Jennifer beat me to it! We're missing you too, Katy! Jennifer and Nicola came over for lunch today. It was fun....only, you were missing. It felt strange. Looking forward to keeping in touch by your blog, just not via Facebook!!! C x

Annabel, Mikko, Marcelle and Eric said...

Glad to see you are settling back into your home...How has the transition been and how are the girls adapting? We are still in full decision mode, deciding if we stay is Sweden, or go somewhere else...Our choices had been bleak (at best) since the start of summer, but this week, we've been given choices, but all of them mean moving right smack in the middle of the school year...We shall see...

Hope this finds you well!

katy said...

Jennifer - Gus says: aw, thanks!

Mama Llama - you can buy them in the US. We bought ours through Amazon and the coffee pods from the Nespresso website. There's no stopping you now!!

Em - it is just Martha Stewart's recipe. I'll make it for you sometime. Maybe in Nov.

Christina - It is strange. I think about you a lot when I'm cooking. Miss you!! xo

katy said...

Marcelle - Thanks for checking in. The transition is going well. Slowly but surely. The girls are handing all the change just beautifully. I'm very proud of them. Moving in the middle of the school year wouldn't be ideal, but I'm sure your kids would adapt quickly. Good luck with your decision making. It is tough, isn't it!

Jennifer said...

I just remembered Gus is a girl, right? I don't know what made me think of it but I had to come back here because it was bothering me that I said "he." (Weird, I know).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...