Thursday, January 5

Not Happy Anymore

Remember how I was interested in trying a new fragrance after my Clinique Happy ran out? Well, my thoughtful husband chose one for me. How fun, right? It was a great Christmas present. With the help of a friendly salesman at Nordstrom, Bryce chose Eau d'hadrien by Annick Goutal. He paid close attention to my requirements - light, citrus-y, clean and for every day wear. Eau d'hadrien is all those things. Compared to Happy it is more citrus-y with obvious lemon notes, not a hint of floral to be found. I look forward to putting it on everyday.

Any perfume for you under the tree this year?

4 comments:

The Expatresse said...

I am a HUGE perfume fan. Not only do I buy lots of it (thanks to small and sample sizes on eBay), but I read about it a lot, too. Check our Chandler Burr (he was reviewing scents for the NYT and has written a couple of books about it) and Luca Turin (he and his wife, Tania Sanchez, review perfumes in a smart, funny way . . . I don't often share their tastes, but it is fun to read).

I also like a site called basenotes dot net.

I got Bulgari Jasmine Noir under the tree this year. A good winter scent: it's jasmine and tonka bean and mink coat. Mmmmm.

Emily Malate said...

I got Tokyo Milk Honey and the Moon in my stocking. Cozy and comforting!

Jessica said...

Believe it or not but I got a bottle of Happy and matching hand lotion!

Dana said...

I got a bottle of CoCo Mademoiselle, one of my "signature" scents. A quick google search revealed this: "Top notes of Coco Mademoiselle Parfum incorporate Sicilian oranges, Calabrian bergamot and Sicilian grapefruit. A floral heart is created of pure rose extract and pure jasmine extract, along with a fruity touch of litchi, while its base notes carry a combination of Indonesian patchouli, Haitian vetiver, Bourbon vanilla ad white musk. This fragrance is dedicated to courageous, brave and modern women who prefer luxury and elegance."

LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...