Monday, January 14

The Year in Review: 2012

Happy New Year, friends!! 

I almost didn't write this post.  It was too difficult to remember what we did last year.  When we were living in Luxembourg our year was marked by various trips - Rome, Paris, Morocco!!  Back here in The States our life looks veeerrry different.  But, when I actually sat down and thought the year through I came up with enough to fill a year and make a post.  Riding on camels?  Throwing coins in the Trevi fountain?  No.  But we had some neat experiences. Actually, 2012 was a great year! 

Untitled

 ~~JANUARY~~
Skiing on Saturdays, snowpocolypse in Seattle and making macarons.

Tapas

~~FEBRUARY~~
Worldly dinner with friends.  We shared tapas from Spain.

Untitled
~~MARCH~~
Annual Quilt Club retreat.  I was a work horse.  Bettas, Josie and Cutie, join our family.  They are still alive, btw, much to my surprise.

Bagels and Lox

~~APRIL~~
Themed dinner with friends, this time from The States.  We shared some bites from New York.

Untitled

~~MAY~~
My little niecelette, Ruby, was born.  I went to Hawaii to see her and help my sister.  Bryce and I took a weekend trip to Portlandia.

Salema

~~JUNE~~
Trip to Luxembourg to visit friends.  A week in Portugal to relax at the beach. A day in Amsterdam and a tour of the Anne Frank House.

008

~~AUGUST~~
Family hike at Mt. Rainier National Park.  Lots of Pinterest recipe testing and a baby shower for a dear friend. 

Untitled

 ~~SEPTEMBER~~
Back to school for the girls - 1st and 3rd grades.  And for me!  I started a 5 credit class at the local community college to reinstate my teaching certificate.  Someone is ready to re-join the work force.  I'll have my teaching certificate reinstated by the end of spring quarter, 15 credits later.

Untitled
~~OCTOBER~~
Somehow Eva convinced us to have a Halloween party.  We did.  This was really the culmination of 2 months of thinking/talking/preparing for Halloween. 

Untitled

~~NOVEMBER~~
We host Thanksgiving.  I turn the big 4-0.  Or 21 as it is known to my kids.  We cut down our Christmas tree at my in-laws. 

Untitled
~~DECEMBER~~
Bryce and I host a huge 40th birthday party.  I vow never to drink red wine again.  My mom spends Christmas with us.  We take a weekend trip to Pacific Beach after the holidays.

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

See 2012 was fantastic! Wishing you an amazing 2013!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a great year! Wow, going back to work, huh? That's exciting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...