Wednesday, January 30

Matryoshka Madness

Okay, maybe not madness, but I'm definitely seeing a trend. I bought a yard of some fabric called From Russia with Love about 6 months ago. It has a variety of Russian nesting dolls over it on a black background. My intention was to cut out the images to put on onesies (because that is what I do ~ cut out cool fabric images and sew them onto onesies). Anyway, I had this fabric sitting around for a long, long time. During that long, long time I started to notice that Russian nesting doll were being used in a huge variety of ways on Etsy. Like these cool softies from sewsewsuckurtoe. Or this wrapping paper from enna. I kept running in to all these cool Matryoshka images with this pregnant Matryoshka being my favorite. Created by inkylivie. These creations motivated me to make the Matryoshka onesie I had always intended to. Seems like a fitting thing to put on children's clothes as they really do have many different people inside of them as we all do, I guess. So here is my contribution to Matryoshka Madness. It'll be in the shop soon. What do you think?

2 comments:

Woven Chains said...

I've always loved the imagery of Matryoshkas, and you have used them beautifully.

Good luck with your new line.

IMakeCuteStuff (aka Marlo M.) said...

Adorable! I love the one on the back especially...the look on the doll's face is so cute! Funny...I hadn't really thought about how much of a trend they are...but you're right, They're everywhere right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...