Friday, February 1

Quilt ON

It's time for me to get my quilt on. My niece (or nephew) is due in March. Not surprisingly, I have sock monkeys in mind. Something in red and brown, a modern twist on the gender neutral green and yellow. Now to decide on a pattern. I'd like to do something new.

It has been nearly a year since I worked on a quilt. This business of onesie and shirt making has taken me away from quilting. Now to reengage. I used the same pattern for the last two quilts I've made. I love the off-set, random square design. For this quilt I'd like to have a modern look, but showcase the sock monkey fabric at the same time. I'm open for suggestions.

3 comments:

Woven Chains said...

Katy, I have a couple of great baby quilt books if you want to borrow them for some inspiration. I won't be using them any time soon! Just let me know.

Anandi said...

WOW, I *love* those quilts. Your work has such a cool, modern feel to it that I *LOVE*. Have fun quilting.

I'm now afraid to start using my new sewing machine. Hopefully I'll work up the courage to approach it today.

IMakeCuteStuff (aka Marlo M.) said...

Awesome quilts Katy! I've never tried one myself, but I seem to keep accumulating the material and books to start one...can you say "procrastination"? hehe! (btw, I think little monkey faces in the middle of each of those blocks would be adorable!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...