Tuesday, March 4

Sashing Selected

After a rushed trip to the Quilting Loft I found the sashing to go in between my Chinese Coins. I thought I'd end up with some sort of creamy white, possibly with a faint, small pattern. However, as I laid my coins next to these types of fabrics it became clear that this wasn't right. Look what I chose instead:The yellow warmed the quilt right up unlike the creams. The yellow also made the bananas pop and brought out the yellow numbers on red fabric. I haven't pieced it all together yet. Look for a post on Sunday as Quilt Club meets on Saturday and you know what I'll be working on.

As for the recipient of this quilt . . . She was born on Monday. Her name is Renee and she is absolutely the sweetest thing you've ever seen.

1 comment:

Woven Chains said...

Congrats on your neice. I think you chose a great fabric. I can't wait to see the finished quilt (or at least the middle without borders). Have fun with quilt group on Saturday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...