Saturday, July 19

Skirts X3

Not exactly sure how it happened, but 4 days before the Drive-In I was convinced to make matching skirts for my girls and oldest niece. Like I said, the details of how and why are fuzzy. Did my oldest ask? Did I offer? Hmmmm. No matter, really. I thought it would be darling and my oldest was so excited about being "same same" there was no way I was going to say, "No." My only regret, and it's minor, is letting my daughter have total control over choosing the fabric. She's 4. She likes pink. And glitter. And ponies, kitties, cupcakes, faeries, and butterflies. You get the idea.

Not exactly the look I would have chosen. But, hey, I'm not wearing it.

These are the next skirts I plan to make. Going to experiment with some pockets this time.

Thought about creating a gathered skirt tutorial for you all. But really, I'm no seamstress and there are some great tutorials already out there. Click here, here and here.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
See you on Monday for the RAINBOW challenge!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

11 comments:

Dayna said...

Super cute! I finally got around to posting a muffin tin meal, my girls loved it!

Anonymous said...

That pompom fringe is fabulous! I also like how the red, red, rickrack looks with the sweet cherry fabric.

Jessica said...

These skirts are great!!! I love making skirts-they are so much fun. I just got up my google reader account. Love it! It is great!

Kellie H said...

I have never made a skirt....yet. The cherry fabric will make the most fabulous skirt ever!!!! =) I am so into cherries & my daughter is having a cherry birthday party next month. I took a peek at the tutorials, thanks for the ideas. You should still do a tutorial...maybe a simple skirt with trim {for someone like me who needs a basic one}

I want to join in on the muffin tin fun, but I don't know if I will make it to the store{we are very out of food} to post by tomorrow...so maybe next week's.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could sew, if I could hot glue all my seams, bingo! Hey I just love the muffin tin Monday idea, I'm on board. Rainbow challenge rocks!

Becky said...

Oops, dind't leave my link to Muffin Tin Monday. www.sevensupersummers.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

darling!
i want one!
do you make skirts for grown up girls?

Anonymous said...

darling!
i want one---can you make skirts for grown-up girls?!

Ruth said...

Well they look really cute on! And matching with your cousin makes it extra fun and cute!

This Girl loves to Talk said...

here is my rainbow muffin tin monday

http://comber-family.blogspot.com/2008/07/muffin-tin-monday_21.html

sorry if this isnt the right place to link it, but I am in Australia and about to head off to bed on MOnday night here now!

* elizabeth * said...

Cherries and rickrack? that's what all little girls should be wearing all the time in my opinion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...