Tuesday, March 17

Pretty in Pink

It sure is. Another reversible patchwork bag, 2 more almost done. These are fun to make, people. Give it a try. I used 4 inch blocks for this one. It finished at 13.5 inches square. It's a nice size. This one is going to one of Eva's friends who is turning 5 at the end of the month. I'm going to put a few books inside. For the inside of this bag I used a piece of poly-cotton my mom gave me. I think it's from the 1980s. Isn't it sweet? It feels so soft, like a comfy nightie or PJs. I am having a slight problem, though. I can't get my bag to cinch. When I pull the cords it does nothing. Anyone know how to make the cords cinch the bag shut?

8 comments:

onemotherslove said...

I have no idea on cinching, but that bag is adorable!!!

AudreyQ said...

Hi Katy. When I make bags, I have slits on both sides of the top, then put in two ribbons or cords looping in opposite directions, so that when I pull from each end the bag cinches shut.

I already commented on Flikr, but I'll say it again - Too stinkin' sweet!

Anonymous said...

Katy, What audrey said was exactly right but if you didn't get it, if you go here My leetle bag she has a picture in the pdf.... It is adorable and I am getting on it as soon as I get this quilt finished! (Hopefully tonight)

' said...

So cute! I might have to make one of these after the one I had planned.

Juice said...

I don't sew at all, but I have a secret desire to quilt some day (maybe in retirement???). I love this blog for so many reasons. Your projects, stories of living abroad and comments on cultural differences keep me so entertained. Thanks for providing daydream fodder. :)

christie said...

I know how to cinch the bags. it takes two draw
strings. One is threaded from one side all around
and the other from the oppostite side. When you
pull the strings from both sides together, it
closes. mom

Anonymous said...

I have slides on both sides of the top too. Like in the tutorial.

Hannah said...

First of all, very cute bag!!

Second, ohmygoodness, I recognize that fabric for the inside liner, and it is TOTALLY from the 1980's! My mom used that same fabric, but the flowers were yellow, to make a costume for my sister so she could dress up like her cabbage patch doll.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...