Wednesday, December 23

Filling our days

With the girls on winter break and no holiday plans, parties, dinners or family (yes, I'm a bit blue) this year, we have had lots of time for crafts . . .
Salt Dough Ornaments. Ours never fully hardened. After 3 days of waiting we finally just decorated them. They probably won't make it to next year but that's okay, we're enjoying them now. We used tempra paints and sharpies to color them.
This year I knew where to buy molasses so we were able to make gingerbread cookies. I made the dough up the night before and chilled it using this method. Genius. I will always do it this way from now on. The girls and I cut and decorated the next afternoon. Tissue paper vases. Saw this post and knew this would be a great craft for the girls. I was required to purchase the pink carnations the very next day.

3 comments:

jojoebi-designs said...

the salt dough cookies look good! I do mine in the microwave, I even burnt some this time because I wasn't paying attention.

Hope you all have a great holiday xxx

ksjjpalmer said...

Awesome on the dough rolling! I've got some in the refrigerator right now. It seems so obvious- and the clean up was easy-peasy! Happy Christmas, we're watching Santa's journey and will be excited when he visits Lux!

Anonymous said...

brilliant tip on cookie making! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...