Thursday, February 25

La Clusaz Market

You know how much I love a good market so I was pleased to find one in La Clusaz. It runs on Mondays in the center of town. It had a wide variety of items - clothing, produce, fresh baked breads, cheeses, dried meats, sweets, linens and a few handicrafts. Take a peek ~ These are Rustic Macarons. They are reminiscent of their sleek, colorful cousins but heartier and have a subtler flavor. The outside is crisp but the inside is chewy. I had the pistachio and my friend had salted caramel. The flavors of both were almost undetectable. These are cookies you can really sink your teeth into; dense, thick and chewy. One is definitely enough.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I am super jealous of that market!

likeschocolate said...

You have me drooling!

Monkey's Mama said...

is that dried star fruit? If so, did you try it??

Dana said...

perfect way to spend the morning with a girlfriend -- lucky you. . . I tire of the markets here as they tend to be the same stuff over and over and over (I know, that's the purpose, right?) . . . is it the same there?

katy said...

Monkey: Yes it was! Couldn't imagine such a delicate fruit being dried. Sadly, no we didn't try it.

Dana: I def feel that way about the market here in Lux City. I usually only go if it's convenient AND I need/want some fresh flowers. But I LOVE markets in new places. Can't imagine ever tiring of that.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

I am right there with you on the market love. It's one of my favorite things to see/do when traveling and now I feel like I have taken a mini market trip with you in this post.

Road Trippers said...

oh please please please take us to a market! I want to "eat rustic" like a true Luxembourg(er?)!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...