Thursday, August 26

Say Hello to My Little Friend

Ain't she a beaut? The CitiZ with Milk Jug. Wanna know they best part? She belongs to me, I mean us. This wonderful union came to be through a family who was moving back to the States. After owning it for only 4 months they had to sell it. I was lucky enough to snatch it up before anyone else. And let me assure you, it was quite a steal! The bottom line is that this CitiZ with Milk Jug and me were MFEO. It was destiny.

I am loving the milk jug. I would never consider buying one of these machines with out it. An espresso or lungo (what is that anyway?) shot is not going to do it for me. I need some warm milk and lovely foam, please. This milk jug knows a thing or two about lovely foam, I'm happy to report.
Macchiato

Now each morning I savor a latte macchiato. It is really such a treat. I can even make one that looks just like they do in real life. I still need to buy one thing to accompany my (our) new machine - Macchiato glasses! I must have more than 1. So I can make you one when you come to visit. What do you think about these? These? Definitely not these.

9 comments:

Emily Malate said...

i like the hello kitty one. can you do soy?

sheppy said...

lucky you! I've been debating about getting one, but was wondering if the milk bit really worked.. guess so.

I've been tempted to upgrade, but since I haven't been able to see one live with the milk jug option I was wondering how much space it really took up in our small European kitchens?

Enjoy!

Potters said...

Oohhh very attractive! I have to do a little googling on this fancy espresso maker. I am all abou a new fancy espresso/macchiato makers. Mornings will be so much better with your new appliance. :) And you know who really be drooling
over it.... Stacy!

se7en said...

Now that looks good and definitely worth getting up for in the mornings... hmmm!!!

This Girl loves to Talk said...

I dont drink coffee (ever in my life) but what I would give for one of these machines just to make froth milk for Milo or hot chocolate. Its winter here and the kids have a milo (chocolate malted barley powder type drink) every morning .... ahhh to have milk froth

swissluxi said...

That's how I start my day as well, with a good cup of Nespresso coffee :-). I think I like the macchiato glasses by "Jura" the best, the ones by Nespresso are beautiful too, but I don't care too much for the square handle.

katy said...

Emily: Figures you'd like the Hello Kitty :) I'm not sure about soy, that is a good question. I do love soy milk. I will do some poking around on line.

Sheppy: It is 14.5 inches long and 9 inches wide. It is definitely a presence on the counter, we are even lucky enough to have a pretty big kitchen. Yes, the milk jug really works! The foam is perfect. All in 90 seconds!

Potters: Oh, wish I could have made Stacy a vanilla latte! I know Lori would also LOVE the foam this machine can crank out.

se7evn - Anything to make getting up easier! I'm loving these leisurely summer break mornings. Not looking forward to having to wake early for school.

This Girl: I've been thinking of chocolate milk too. It is possible to buy little frothing wands that work in individual cups of milk.

Swiss Luxi: I like the Jura glasses best too. They are a bit pricey, though. Maybe I'll ask Santa :)

Annabel, Mikko, Marcelle and Eric said...

Yeah! Welcome to the wonderful world of glorious home coffee!!! You will know it has become a problem when you're out in town and would rather go home to enjoy your own machiatto than buying one at a coffee shop! And I say "problem", because in general, the coffee in Europe is subliminal :D

Personally, I vote for the Juras glasses, yes they are a little more expensive, but they make you feel like you`re enjoying a nice expensive coffee everytime...I also love how you see the levels of milk, coffee and crema...

On a personal note, glad to see you back up and blogging! I should send you our blog (when I manage to keep it up to date) so you get a glimpse into our Swedish experience!

katy said...

Marcelle - I'd love to see your blog! I've tried before but it is invite only. p.s. Yes, the Jura glasses are expensive. This I'll see if I can find glasses at Ikea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...