Thursday, April 28

Where I've Been (again)

Easter Goodies
Easter Cake
A theme is starting to emerge in my posts; my absence. Life is busy and full right now. Which is a good thing, but not so much for the blog. I hope you'll stick with me, though. I'll be back. I always come back.

Monday was a holiday here in Lux and for most of Europe. We went to the Easter Market and purchased our 2011 bird whistle.

Tuesday I took our visiting family to Rodemack where we took in the charms of this quaint medieval town.

Wednesday our family left. Back home to Washington for them. I met with some friends about our upcoming girls weekend in Paris. Squeal!!

Thursday was one of those funny days where I felt like I was on the outside of myself. Like I was driving on the wrong side of the road. Like I'm walking around without a shirt on but I don't realize it. At the grocery store I took someone's grocery cart and added 4 things to it before I realized it wasn't my own. Perhaps this happens to everyone, but this is the 3rd time I've done it in the past few months. I'm not kidding. When I realize it I always want to say to the person whose cart I hijacked, Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. I accidentally took your cart instead of mine. I'm losing my mind, please excuse me. But this sentiment is much too complex for me to express in my rudimentary French. So I end up saying something (in French) that is more like - I take your cart. Sorry. Then I walk away with my tail between my legs like a total lame-o. Ever have days like that?

Friday is today! It is going to be great. I'm headed to a Royal Wedding party! We'll be sipping Pimms, eating strawberries and cream and partaking in all things English while watching the wedding. I'll give you a full report on Monday.

Have a wonderful weekend! With any luck I'll be back to posting on Monday.

Easter Goodies
Easter goodies.


Dana said...

Ha. My neighbor calls that "Caveman Italian," and, yes, I still have moments like that.

Coincidentally, I have a girls only weekend in Paris very, very soon. Enjoy!

se7en said...

Good to hear from you again!!! We are watching every moment of the wedding!!! English muffins for breakfast and scones for tea!!! Have a fun weekend!!!

christie said...

i have done the cart theUSA.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...