Thursday, April 28

Where I've Been (again)

Easter Goodies
Easter Cake
A theme is starting to emerge in my posts; my absence. Life is busy and full right now. Which is a good thing, but not so much for the blog. I hope you'll stick with me, though. I'll be back. I always come back.

Monday was a holiday here in Lux and for most of Europe. We went to the Easter Market and purchased our 2011 bird whistle.

Tuesday I took our visiting family to Rodemack where we took in the charms of this quaint medieval town.

Wednesday our family left. Back home to Washington for them. I met with some friends about our upcoming girls weekend in Paris. Squeal!!

Thursday was one of those funny days where I felt like I was on the outside of myself. Like I was driving on the wrong side of the road. Like I'm walking around without a shirt on but I don't realize it. At the grocery store I took someone's grocery cart and added 4 things to it before I realized it wasn't my own. Perhaps this happens to everyone, but this is the 3rd time I've done it in the past few months. I'm not kidding. When I realize it I always want to say to the person whose cart I hijacked, Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. I accidentally took your cart instead of mine. I'm losing my mind, please excuse me. But this sentiment is much too complex for me to express in my rudimentary French. So I end up saying something (in French) that is more like - I take your cart. Sorry. Then I walk away with my tail between my legs like a total lame-o. Ever have days like that?

Friday is today! It is going to be great. I'm headed to a Royal Wedding party! We'll be sipping Pimms, eating strawberries and cream and partaking in all things English while watching the wedding. I'll give you a full report on Monday.

Have a wonderful weekend! With any luck I'll be back to posting on Monday.

Easter Goodies
Easter goodies.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Ha. My neighbor calls that "Caveman Italian," and, yes, I still have moments like that.

Coincidentally, I have a girls only weekend in Paris very, very soon. Enjoy!
D

se7en said...

Good to hear from you again!!! We are watching every moment of the wedding!!! English muffins for breakfast and scones for tea!!! Have a fun weekend!!!

christie said...

i have done the cart thing....in theUSA.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...