Wednesday, March 25

Added Baggage

Thanks to Audrey, Jennifer and my mom for helping me get the cinching thing right. I'm happy to report all of my bags, including my most recent 2, are cinchers! Here are the 2 new ones I made. This light pink one is for Eva. I used the rest of the sparkly butterfly fabric in the bag. I kept the bag in pastel pinks to keep with her current princess, fairy, ballerina, all 3 at the same time, magical, fairy tale phase. It's an entertaining phase, that much is for sure. Last week she looked at me seriously and asked, "Mom, do you think I'm graceful?" Where do they come up with this stuff?

Audrey's is a bit wilder and more eclectic. Hers does contain my favorite cat fabric of all time. You all do know I used to collect cat fabric? I made Eva an I Spy quilt using my cat fabrics. Tried to turn her into a cat person before she was even born. It worked. Only one piece left of this darling print. Audrey loved her bag ~ squealing and saying fank you mommy over and over. Ah, feels so good. There is no better compliment than when your kids like something you've made them. Don't you agree?

Pink Penguin has a flickr group for projects made from her tutorials. Take a look through it. There are some inspiring pieces in there. I also found another flickr group called, Nothing but Scraps. Good ideas to be found there too.

I'm still really into making bags. Have you made one yet? This one is really tempting me. Wouldn't it be a cute Easter Basket?

4 comments:

' said...

Those bags are coming out so cute! I think I'm going to have to make that "basket" bag for my kid's Easter Basket - I mean, how can you resist - it's sooo cute!

Emily & Jeff said...

Eva's question is so precious. I do wonderful where they get this stuff. Cool how the bags represent their different personalities! Miss you.

Anonymous said...

Love the bags! I'm going to make one next week at the retreat for MA, so I don't have to think about a gift for her.
I'm already sad that you won't be there...
ELB

Unknown said...

Whatever you wrote about bags sure struck a cord with me. I read your blog and looked at pink penguin and holy shit...I made 2 backpack quilted bags for our neighbor kids that are leaving. Thanks for inspiring crafty girl goodness. xo S

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...