Friday, May 27

Greetings Strangers

Dog on a Hot Clay Roof

I guess I'm really the stranger. I don't know what has gotten into me. I used to be a good blogger, meaning I posted regularly. I write alot of posts in my head, daily in fact. Maybe we just need to figure out how you can zone in on my brainwaves.

My mom is here despite that naughty volanic ash! She is our last vistor to Luxembourg. Time is zooming by, my friends. We'll be back in Seattle in no time. Is it possible to be happy and sad at the same time? Right now I am. Excited to move home; sad to leave our life here in Luxembourg. Despite the challenges of living abroad, this has been an amazing experience for our family. Yes, I would defintely do it again. Definitely.

This week I've been busy planning a road trip. It seems my mom and I have recovered (or forgotten) from the drive to Prague last spring. We're doing it again. A longer drive this time. Keep your fingers crossed for us. Bryce introduced me to this great tool on the TomTom website. It is a route planner. Simply put in your destination from any starting point and it calculates the kilometers and driving hours. Wish we knew about it 2 years ago! Always something to learn, I guess.

Bryce came home with this great album today! Have you heard it? I love that I can picture them playing at a Farmers' Market as easily as I can picture them on stage. I think they would be great live. Their banjo is pretty awesome. I embedded one of my fav tracks for you. This song is the anthem of the living - exhilarating!



Think that is it for me. Hope you're doing well. I may be even more sporadic (if that is possible!!) for the next 2 weeks while my mom is here. I know you understand . . .

Oh, blogger is totally freaking out again. Another reason I have posted lately. Spell check isn't working now either, among other things. Just sayin.

Picture is from Rodemack, France.

8 comments:

Emily Malate said...

glad mom made it over there safely. thinking of you guys. hope it's a special visit. Wish we could come over one more time too :(

Laura G. said...

I'm happy you're coming home, but sad you have to leave your "temporary" home. And I love that song too.

This Girl loves to Talk said...

oh my goodness.. I write blogs in my head all the time too! I write really good ones in the middle of the night when my baby is keeping me up.. then by morning I've often forgotten what it was - I only remember that it was really good! lol.

Maybe take a break, but collect your blogposts so you have some in back up then as inspiration comes you can add more, then it will seem like your still here :)

Dana said...

Enjoy your mom and your European road trip! And, of course, we understand.
d

Annabel, Mikko, Marcelle and Eric said...

Moving so soon? I am going to miss your blog...You`ll have to keep going just to let me know how you adjusted to life back home...I`m sure that will present its own challenges and joys...

As for us, we also feel the end approaching, but have yet to know what the future holds for us, til I see a moving truck by the house, I will aim to knock off as many European cities as I can!!! Managed Rome in April and Barcelona just recently...Still have Prague, St-Petersburg and merry old London...Here`s to hoping!!!

Carrie said...

I remember when you first found out about the move to Lux. You were nervous.... now look back at what an adventure it all was! Hope to catch up when you're back to Seattle.

katy said...

Em - Yea, but just think! I'll be 1/2 a world closer to you now.

Laura - Looking forward to catching up over dinner in July!

This Girl - I write a lot at night too. And in the shower.

Dana - Thanks! We had a marvelous time.

Marcelle - I have every intention of keeping my blog going after we've returned to the states. No more exotic travel. Will have to make up something else exotic to write about.

Carrie - yes, I remember. Seems far away and also like it was just yesterday.

Monkey's Mama said...

Mumford & Sons is my fave right now! I hear they are wonderful live - but they were sold out here :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...