Wednesday, August 15

Yes, more completed pins

Source: someecards.com via Katy on Pinterest


Continuing to cook. Continuing to try some of my pins. These little bursts of accomplishment make my brain smile. That is a good thing.

Here is what I've made lately:
Pulled Pork Slider
 
Balsamic Honey Pulled Pork Sliders
Source: Better Homes & Gardens
Notes:  Made these when some friends joined us for dinner.  They seemed to be a hit. To me they seemed a bit too balsamic-y.  Occasionally you'd get a very tangy, vinegar-y bite.  They are also quite sweet.  Coleslaw on top is a must to balance the sweet.  The addition of Gherkins was also delish.  Served these on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, a trick I learned from my cousin. Bryce is already requesting these again - I'm looking for a recipe with less sugar.  Maybe this? Do you have a good pulled pork recipe?  Please leave a link.
Creamsicle

Creamsicles
Source: Oven Love
Notes:  I used softened vanilla ice cream and 1/2 a can of orange concentrate to make these.  I was amazed at how Creamsicle like they tasted.  However, the girls found them too tangy.  Perhaps 1/3 can concentrate would have been better.  
kale salad
 
Parmesan Kale Salad with Raisins
Source:  Eat. Drink. Smile.
Notes:  YUM!! This is extremely tasty.  The lemon juice does amazing things to the kale.  I've made these numerous times and will continue to.  Keeps really well 1-2 days in the fridge too.  Word of warning, you will be left with kale pieces in your teeth after consuming!
Buffalo chicken Salad
 
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Source: A Foothill Home Companion
Notes:  Love this.  Have made it multiple times.  I eat it over a bed of lettuce.  You could also wrap it up in lettuce or a tortilla.  Going to try Molly's modified Chicken Cordon Bleu soon.

Follow me on Pinterest!
Completed Pins here.

2 comments:

km said...

I don't have a link for my pulled pork, but it's so easy I'm not sure you need one. It cooks for 2 days in the crock pot. Day 1: meat + chopped onion, canned tomatoes with the liquid (1 lg or 2 small)+ pepper +1T. brown sugar. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. I cool the crock and put the whole thing in the fridge (the crock, not the part that plugs in). Day 2: Remove the fat from the top. Shred the meat with 2 forks. Remove some of the liquid. Add a whole bottle of BBQ sauce (I use Bulls Eye because it is Gluten Free). Cook on low for 4-6 hours. I keep wanting to try this with a can of root beer because I've heard good things about that.

likeschocolate said...

Now I need a Popsicle mold.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...