Saturday, January 9

It's the Little Differences



Scene from Pulp Fiction - for adult ears only

Living in Europe is fascinating. What fascinates me most are the little differences. The small, seemingly insignificant differences between the culture of my American life in Seattle and the culture here in Luxembourg.

Little Differences

Little Difference #1 - Light Fixtures

Little Difference #2 - Grocery Carts

Little Difference #3 - Mail

Little Difference #4 - Chocolate Cereals

Little Difference #5 - UHT Milk

Little Difference #6 - Buying Produce

Little Difference #7 - Gas Prices

Little Difference #8 - Priority to the Right

Little Difference #9 - Horse Meat

Little Difference #10
- Day Light Savings Time

Little Difference #11 - European Potties

Little Difference #12 - Produce Signs

Little Difference #13 - Finger Counting

Little Difference #14 - Family Allowance


Little Difference #15 & 16- Cigarette Machines & Coca Cola Light

Little Difference #17 - St. Nicolas' Scary Sidekicks

Little Difference #18 - Christmas Decorations


Little Difference #19 - Wearing Fur

Little Difference #20 - Vacations

Little Difference #21 - Movie Popcorn

Little Difference #22 - Calcium

Little Difference #23 - Controle Technique

Little Difference #24 - Colored Pencils

Little Difference #25 - School Health Checks

Little Difference #26 - Windows

Little Difference #27 - Metal Blinds

Little Difference #28 - Orchids in the Window

Little Difference #29 - Christmas Dessert


Little Difference #30 - Champagne

Little Difference #31 - Persimmons and Lychee

Little Difference #32 - Dogs in Restaurants

Little Difference #33 - Ice Cream Flavors

Little Difference #34 - Costumes in March


Little Difference #35 - Yellow Chicken

Little Difference #36 - Speedos

Little Difference #37 - Coins

Little Difference #38 - Houses

Little Difference #39 - Pizza

Little Difference #40 - Deodorant

5 comments:

suddenly sahm said...

cool banner! cool banner! cool banner!

Teacher Tom said...

I love your observations. I found the same thing to be true as a child growing up in Greece and as an adult living in Germany. I even feel that way when I cross over into Canada. It's the little differences.

And that clip is my absolute favorite scene from that movie.

Emily said...

Ha! I loved this. Switzerland and Luxembourg must be pretty similar! When I was pregnant I discovered Cheeseburger Royals at McDonalds and my husband referenced that Pulp Fiction scene in explaining to me that it was the same as a quarter pounder in the States (which I've never had). Been lurking on your blog for a while, I really enjoy it!

Christy said...

That may be the best use of a movie clip on a "mom Blog" that I have ever seen! Love it!

Fiona said...

I stumbled upon this by accident, I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...